BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 5, 2010

FAMOUS CHINESE FOODS!

DIMSUM- Dim sum (Simplified Chinese pinyin pronunciation "diǎnxīn", traditional Chinese 點心) is the name for a southern Chinese cuisine which involves a wide range of light dishes served alongside Chinese tea. Yum cha (literally "drinking tea") is the term used to describe the entire dining experience, especially in contemporary Cantonese. It is usually served in the mornings until noon time at Chinese restaurants and at specialty dim sum eateries where typical dishes are available throughout the day. Dishes come in small portions and may include meat, seafood, and vegetables, as well as desserts and fruit. The items are usually served in a small steamer basket or on a small plate.




CONGEE- Rice congee (pronounced /ˈkɒndʒiː/) is a type of rice porridge that is eaten in many Asian countries. The word congee is possibly derived from the Dravidian language Tamil word கஞ்சி kanji.[1][2]
In some cultures, congee is eaten primarily as a breakfast food or late supper; while in others, it is eaten as a substitute for rice at other meals.



DUMPLINGS- Dumplings are cooked balls of dough. They are based on flour, potatoes, bread or matzoh meal, and may include meat, fish, or sweets. They may be cooked by boiling, steaming, simmering, frying, or baking. Ingredients may be as a part of a filling, or mixed throughout the dumpling. Dumplings may be sweet, spicy or savoury. They may be eaten alone, in soup, with gravy, or in many other presentations






WONTON- A wonton (also spelled wantan, wanton, or wuntun in transcription from Cantonese; the Mandarin pronunciation is húntún) is a type of dumpling commonly found in a number of Chinese cuisines.

STINKY TOFU-Stinky tofu is a form of fermented tofu that has a strong odor. It is a popular snack in East and Southeast Asia, particularly Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia, and Mainland China, where it is usually found at night markets or roadside stands, or as a side dish in lunch bars.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm my favourite would be the dumplings in the soup!! i love potstickers too! they are my fav...in fact i just had half a dozen for dinner :)

C. JoyBell C. said...

Hey girl!

Yuuuummmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Did you know that I am 1/2 Chinese?? Well yes I am!!! :) My Chinese name means "Summer Sky/ Summer Angel" :)

I always cook Chinese food at home, its really too healthy, I love my healthy Chinese recipes! :)


C

June_Butterfly said...

Hi,Ann!

Thanks for dropping by!

I love chinese dishes.I wish I could cook lots.Planning to learn to cook some more.

I didn't know the english term for Gyouza is potstickers.I make them at home lots.

June_Butterfly said...

I didn't know you are 1/2 chinese,Joy.The meaning of your name is totally awesome.

I love cooking some,too.Like potstickers(gyouza)and sweet and sour pork.

Oh,I wish I could learn to cook those recipes.Chinese dishes have this image of having high calories!

Unknown said...

gyouza is japanese....potstickers is chinese......i think lol

about the jasmine rice you just can buy it at asian markets...you can use any type of rice :)

Maria said...

Good Morning!
A little note before I'm off to work~
I've enjoyed visiting your two blogs. The food info here is great! I enjoyed learning about some of my favorite things to eat. I also loved reading some of your poems~ food for the heart and soul ♥
~Blessings for this new day~
Maria

June_Butterfly said...

Hi,Ann!
Thanks for the info.Will keep it in mind.

Gotta look for an asian store then.^-^

June_Butterfly said...

Dear,Maria!

Thanks for taking time to comment.I'm glad I was able to help.Please do drop by,again.

Anonymous said...

aww all these food i can relate to!
hehe love the pictures! they look tasty!
actually i just had dimsum today with my dad before going to school XD

i love dumpling they r so good!
dumpling and gyouza r my favorites!

oh noo im hungry!

June_Butterfly said...

well you helped me a lot with the choices.haha.thanks,sweetie.

I love chinese.^-^